Q: My car turned off when I was pulling out off a parking lot

asked by on December 01, 2017

I was on my way home from one of my college class. I turned on the car and I started driving away from the parking lot. As soon as I got to a stop sign, I stopped and my car just shut off, the lights inside were on but the engine wouldn’t want to start. The driving belt was spinning likes it’s supposed to, there’s no clicking sound when I try to turn over the engine. The car just won’t start no more. At first I thought my battery and drained out so my friend tried to jumpstart it but that wasn’t the case.

You will need to find out if the timing belt broke or you have lost spark to the engine. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check the no start condition to determine the cause for you.