Q: Nissan Rogue security light flashes every 3 sec and beeps ~2/min when parked. Did lock/unlock reset.

asked by on August 19, 2017

Security monitor indicator flashes once ever 3 second when parked and doors unlocked (in garage). This, I believe is normal. However, the car is also making a beeping sound about 2 per minute. Never heard the beep before. Tried holding the lock and unlock buttons on key fob to do a reset, but nothing changed. Still have the periodic beeping.

This is a common and know issue with the Nissan Rogue and typically also happens with the odometer numbers all reading out as zeros or half zeros. This is related to brightness indicator knob and allowing you to modify the brightness of the instrument panel. I have seen a couple of these vehicles have this issue when there is a faulty connection in the knob or in the gauge cluster. Try modifying the gauge panel brightness to see if this changes anything. If this does not stop the beeping, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform additional diagnostics to determine what may be causing this to happen.