Q: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

CODE READER SHOWS CAM SENSOR CHANGED BOTH TURNED OFF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT SHORT DRIVE. LIGHT BACK ON SAME CODE WHAT TEST IS REQUIRED TO CHECK CAM PHASERS AND ACTUATORS THANKS

Hi there:

If you replaced the cam sensors and the check engine light is still illuminated, it’s highly possible that the trouble code is caused by the electrical harness attached to the sensors as opposed to the sensors themselves. The best way to diagnose this is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection which will allow them to download the precise OBD-II codes that are stored in the ECU and check and inspect all possible sources, including cam actuators and other components that can cause these symptoms.

3. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON