Q: Car hesitating upon acceleration.

My Honda Civic is hesitating when I accelerate.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The Civic 1.6L uses a speed density system to set up ignition and fuel injection. This system monitors intake air temperature, throttle position, manifold pressure, and a few other inputs. Generally a hesitation indicates one or a combination of these inputs reading incorrectly. Reading the fault codes out of the engine computer would be the first step to lead diagnosis. Then checking each of the independent inputs would be the second. You may need to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment and training to diagnose these types of drivability issues.