Q: Need to reset the Perform Service light

I purchased my car used, and the 'Perform Service' indicator came on in the EVIC window. How do I reset that? I don't have any buttons that allow me to access the reset options. Is there a way to reset it without going to the dealership?

The only way to reset the light is to have the computer systems checked on your vehicle to see why the EVIC is displaying perform service. This could be anything from the EVIC problem to a simple service reset. You can try to hold down the menu button until a reset appears or the system will need to be serviced using a DRB3 scanner only. This scanner is available to dealers only and independent shops, a mechanic may have one to test the system for you, but you would have to check. If you need help with this, have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s service light issue and make the necessary repairs for you.