Q: I bought a used 2001 Lincoln LS that needs it's motor replaced. Is there a junkyard I can buy it from and have it put in by you?

asked by on September 18, 2017

I bought a used 2001 Lincoln LS and it needs a new motor. Would it be possible to find a replacement motor at a junk yard somewhere and have it installed by you? Or would that not be a good long term fix?

The existing motor can be rebuilt. Used motors are available, too, for example from services such as Car-Part.com. However, used (junkyard) motors carry a risk. If you rebuild what you have, or buy an off the shelf rebuilt motor, at least you can be sure of what you have installed. If you are interested in an engine replacement, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that and guide you as to a least cost replacement/repair strategy. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.