Q: my car stopped working on the highway

asked by on February 20, 2017

my car stopped working on the highway

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Sudden shutdown of the engine can be due to the timing belt breaking, fuel pump failure, ignition switch failure, cam and/or crankshaft position sensor failure and like "global" failures. There may be downloadable diagnostic trouble codes from your car’s OBD-II system that will aid the diagnostic but typically with dramatic shutdowns like the one you experienced, the cause will be fairly evident on diagnosis. You can request either a check engine light diagnostic or a no start diagnostic. Either service will get the problem identified and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.