Q: What is the anti-scan feature on the keyless entry keypad?

What is the anti-scan feature on the keyless entry keypad?

A: While the keyless entry keypad on the drive...

While the keyless entry keypad on the driver door of your car provides another way to lock and unlock the doors and even open the rear glass, it’s also a weak point in the car’s security. To provide better protection, it’s equipped with an anti-scan feature. Essentially, this is engaged if the wrong code is entered into the door 7 times in a row. The keypad will then lock down and remain inoperable for a full minute. The light on the keypad will also flash. You can disable anti-scan mode by:

• Waiting for a minute
  • Unlocking the doors with your remote
  • Turning the ignition to on