Q: Car won't shift out of park

My car starts fine but won't shift out of park. I don't see any service engine or warning lights on.

It is quite possible that your shift lock solenoid may have failed. This solenoid prevents the shifter from being moved without the brake pedal depressed. Often times you can hear a slight click noise from under your shift lever when the brake pedal is depressed indicating that the switch is working. If you do not hear this slight click sound, the solenoid may not be working. I would recommend having your shifting issue inspected by a qualified professional to see what repairs or replacements are needed.

3. Car won't shift out of park