Q: Car bogging down in gear

When i start my car in park and in neutral and give it gas it's ok but wen i give it gas in drive or reverse it boggles down

Hello and thank you for your question. There could be a problem with the brakes not releasing or the transmission torque converter could have failed. Check all of the brakes and make sure that they are adjusted and working properly. To test the torque converter, put the vehicle in an open area, put the parking brake on, and step on the service brakes to the floor. Put the transmission in drive and step on the accelerator pedal to the floor for 3 to 5 seconds. Monitor the RPM’s on the tachometer and write down the readings. If the readings are less than 2800 rpm, then the torque converter stator has broke and the torque converter needs replaced. If you need assistance with troubleshooting your transmission, then seek out a professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle’s loss of power and advise you on repairs.