Q: While highway driving, rear tire blew out

asked by on August 23, 2016

I was driving on the highway around 65 mph when suddenly the passenger’s side rear tire blew. I had to have the car towed to the dealership for repair and asked them to investigate why this had happened. The dealer said because he could not duplicate the problem they could not go any further on any repairs. Would you please explain this to me and how I can get some help with this?

The rubber tires on any vehicle can experience a blowout under a number of conditions. If the tire is low on air pressure, the added grip causes more friction, heat, and wear. If a tire has an unseen injury, a blowout is possible. The problem may have been the tire and not the mechanical components of the vehicle. Have the other tires inspected for wear and fatigue and have the alignment checked.