Q: Not shifting out of park to drive

asked by on February 24, 2016

My car won't shift out of park to drive. It makes a clicking noise under the steering wheel when I push the button on the gear shifter stick.

The brake light switch or interlock solenoid are the possible causes of your problem. The brake light switch may be malfunctioning and not turning on the brake lights or disengaging the shift interlock. I suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your shifting issue to ensure that the proper repair is made for your vehicle.