Q: it exhasts black smoke with particles and loses power after the drive of 30 minutes in a hilly or rough roads. what are the causes

I have kia grand sportage 2005 . It exhasts black smoke with particles and loses power after the drive of 30 min in a hilly and rough area but it runs well on long and plain routes however, black smoke continues in all the drives.

The black smoke is caused by the engine running excessively rich with fuel. This can be due to more than a couple reasons and a full diagnosis would need to be done to isolate the problem.

If you have an aftermarket device on your computer data link connector from your insurance company or from another source then try removing it and cycle your key several times. Afterwards, go on a road test to see if it runs better. These devices are know to cause various problems with vehicles. If you do not have a device like the one I’ve described then ignore this portion.

If the Check Engine Light is on then have the computer scanned and the codes will need to be diagnosed. Also, try cleaning your mass airflow sensor and replace the air filter with only a dry type filter. The oil type filters are known to foul the sensors and cause problems like these.

I’d suggest getting your car inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the smoke firsthand and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

3. it exhasts black smoke with particles and loses power after the drive of 30 minutes in a hilly or rough roads. what are the causes