Q: 2013 Ford Focus Transmission Issue. Is it worth keeping the car?

In your personal opinion, is it worth keeping the car? I've had my Transmission Control Module replaced, my clutch replaced twice, and now, I need my transmission actuator replaced along with some other non-related transmission issues. My question is, are these transmissions made to fail? I pretty much have all new parts in the transmission. So, I would think I could get another 100k mIles out of the car. However, if these transmissions are designed to fail, I'm going to junk the car. Any idea on the lifetime of these transmissions? Thank you!

Hi There, This is a known issue in this generation Ford Focus and some Fiestas with the "Power Shift" transmission and there have been numerous recalls and lawsuits. Although, it is would be difficult to determine how much longer your transmission will last given the fact that you have many new parts, I would not recommend junking the car as it may still provide some valuable life left for you. I would recommend taking it to the dealer to see if these parts may be covered under the recall.

3. 2013 Ford Focus Transmission Issue. Is it worth keeping the car?