Q: Hello my car will start but will cut off if goes below 1 Rpm it's a Honda accord 2005

asked by on May 03, 2017

Car starts but does cut off

Hi there. Once running, the engine requires a constant flow of gasoline and good spark to keep that fuel igniting. If gasoline is not readily available, or if there is not enough spark, the engine will quit. More modern vehicles with sophisticated computers may affect the way the vehicle runs. These computers help the car run efficiently but can also shut a car down if the fuel/air mixture is not correct. While an older vehicle may be less sophisticated and easier to diagnose, the computers on modern cars can provide more specific information when connected to a code scanner/reader. The best way to diagnose the precise source of this issue, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection.