Q: Why does my traction control and ABS light keep coming on?

My Traction Control and ABS light is on and I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done. As far as how my truck drives, sometimes I'm not fully able to stop and when I try to slow down or come to a stop the car shakes very bad and was once told I need motor mounts.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty ABS control module or potentially some bad wheel sensors. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. Why does my traction control and ABS light keep coming on?