Q: Coolant leaking - I have to put antifreeze in every couple days to keep heat warm. But it's not overheating. 2005 Dodge Caravan

2005 dodge caravan having to put antifreeze in every other day to keep the heat working. What could be causing this? It hasn't overheated yet and it's been going on for about a year now? Can see it dripping when sitting still running but can't tell where it's leaking from. Please help so we're not out a fortune hopefully.. thank you

Hi there - unfortunately, a slow leak like this will require a close look, while the engine is hot, and running. Most likely, this is not a water pump failure - that would not hold out a year. A hose connection, the radiator end tank seals, or a water pipe gasket can all leak at a slow, but persistent rate. I recommend a coolant leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Coolant leaking - I have to put antifreeze in every couple days to keep heat warm. But it's not overheating. 2005 Dodge Caravan