Q: Ran car empty the other day, so I stopped at Wal-Mart for gas, car shut off 2014 VW Passat

I was on empty the other day so I stopped and got gas went around to the store turn off car and I get back in tried to crank it and it sounded like I needed gas I just had put ten in the tank so I wAlked up the rd to station and got gas and put that in and it started rite up weird I

A: Hello - it is possible that you were close ...

Hello - it is possible that you were close to being completely out of gas when you first stopped for fuel. The fuel lines may have had some air in them, and your initial startup attempt (at Walmart) did not build fuel pressure quickly enough to start the engine. The 2nd attempt after you added more fuel allowed the fuel pump to run long enough to flush the air, build fuel pressure, and the injectors to work properly, starting the engine successfully. If you have further hiccups with starting, I would recommend a fuel system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.