Q: Closing a hood

I read on my manual how to close the 2012 Altima hood. I tried to close the hood by dropping the hood about 12 inches above the latch, it seem to catch the latch that way and then I still need to push it down to close it. Is there any better or best way of closing the hood. Thanks!

Hello. Some hoods will require the extra push to latch completely. The manual recommendation may not always work since you are talking about a mechanical latch that is no different to a door latch. If it will not latch for you from 12 inches and dropping it then try twice that height and see if that works. If it does, then you know how high to drop it from. If your hood still does not close, then have a local body shop or dealer check the latch adjustment to bring it a little higher so it can latch easier.

3. Closing a hood