Q: Starting problem - 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

asked by on October 31, 2016

Okay, i just replaced my spark plugs and plug wires, twice in the last two months, but the first time I did my car has trouble starting, it turns over like it should, if it's a cold start it will only start with starting fluid what could it be? I'm stumped

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Coolant Temperature Switch (Sensor) Replacement $88.56 - $354.95 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check the mass air flow (MAF) sensor for any debris or if it has a bad connection. If the sensor is dirty, clean the sensor, and put it back on. If the sensor is good, then check the sensor for resistance. If the resistance is good, then look at the coolant temperature sensor CTS for any corrosion or if it has a loose connection. Sometimes the CTS can fail making the computer think that the engine is warm and keep it from starting correctly. Keep in mind that the MAF can cause a no start situation. If you need further assistance troubleshooting the starting issue, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with a repair.