Q: Able to get my trunk open, by crawling through the back, but the trunk release button (hold unlock button on door) still won't ope

I drive a 2006 Buick Lacrosse and can't get my trunk to open, from inside. I get it open by crawling through the back, but just get a clicking sound when I press up on the Unlock button. Clicking sound is on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Please help. I cleaned away dirt of the latch, but I think the problem is more than that. (My remotes are old and buttons don't work, wasn't an issue though, until the button on door panel stopped working)

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to determine is if there an issue with the latch, the switch, the key fob, or possibly the wiring. The best way to determine this is to test the latch’s electrical module for power supply. With a voltmeter you can determine if the latch is receiving the power it needs to work the latch. If it’s not you can work through the circuit and find where the voltage is being lost. If the latch is getting enough power, it may need to be replaced. Only further testing will tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• Able to get my trunk open, by crawling through the back, but the trunk release button (hold unlock button on door) still won't ope