Q: 1998 mercedes benz c280 transmission fluid leak from top

Involving my 1998 mercedes-benz c280 vehicle. Went into limp mode and have a Transmission fluid leak, I checked under the hood and it was a leaking from the top of the transmission under the hood from around this cap on top. It would be the part of the transmission closest to the steering wheel but on the top of the transmission.I do not know what the cap or cover is called but I tried to take it off and I broke it.It is not the transmission fluid cap but a different cap in the location of the transmission that Ive just previously described. I am looking for an answer to what the cap or cover or seal is called so I may order the piece properly. I have a picture of it as well if I can send it through here.Thank You

Hi there. Unfortunately, we are not able to receive pictures or video to pinpoint damage or identify parts for vehicles through this platform. The best way to identify this item is to search online for a detailed schematic of your C280 Mercedes-Benz or contact a local MB specialist mechanic or the dealership service department to determine the parts name and function. You might also want to have a MB specialist mechanic install and inspect your vehicle for further transmission fluid leaks to ensure the repairs are correctly completed.

3. 1998 mercedes benz c280 transmission fluid leak from top