Q: My 2004 hyundai santa fe jerks and shutters under heavy acceleration/ under load. How can I fix it?

asked by on May 02, 2017

Ever sense I bought my 2004 hyundai santa fe on craigslist it has been shuttering and jerking under heavy acceleration/ heavy load. During normal driving it runs fine. I had it diagnosed by a mechanic and they said it was either the motor mounts or the u joint. Sense then we have replaced the motor mounts and it fixed the problem for about a day, but now its as bad as ever. Do you think it is the u joint or something else. Please help.

Drive line joints are easily checked but, based on your description, the operating condition of the engine itself might be a issue. Poor or uneven acceleration can be caused by faults in the throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, a clogged fuel filter, defective EGR valve or control circuit, and worn out spark plugs and wires. A mechanic would simply investigate these possibilities sequentially and also check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes can be downloaded from the PCM. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine hesitation diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr