Q: Pretty bumpy ride - are struts and shocks the same?

Wondering what price I need to pay to get this fixed- an fair $$range?

A: Hello. A bumpy ride can be caused by a wide...

Hello. A bumpy ride can be caused by a wide variety of issues. Shocks and struts are two different names for the same suspension component, the shock absorber. Shocks usually have a built in mount for coil springs, while struts are usually just the cylindrical tubes. A fair range would normally be between 400 - 700 dollars, however, that depends on the labor rate you are charged. You can get a quick quote online for replacement shock absorbers by selecting this service and entering your vehicle and location information on this website.