Q: Trans Idle Hot Engine Code on 2004 Cadillac SRX

asked by on March 05, 2017

Hi The Trans Idle Hot Engine Code on 2004 Cadillac SRX will appear on DIC as soon as I drive for about 10miles with ac on. Pls what can I do?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This is a warning light to tell you that your transmission is running to hot. This could be due to driving the car very hard or driving in very hot weather. The vehicle is asking you to stop and let the engine idle, which would allow the transmission fluid to cool down. If you were driving aggressively, then I would suggest slowing down or stopping, and letting the transmission cool down. If you were driving normally, then I would suggest contacting a qualified professional mobile mechanic to complete a transmission warning light inspection to isolate the source of this warning light.