Q: The distance the piston moves from TDC to BDC is called

asked by on December 16, 2016

The distance the piston moves From tdc to bdc is called?

This distance, in either direction, is called "stroke".

What Is the Difference Between a 2-Cycle and 4-Cycle Engine

The difference between a 2-cycle engine and 4-cycle engine is the 2-cycle only needs one revolution of the crankshaft to get to a power stroke, while a 4-cycle engine needs 2 revolutions. To help explain the two different types of...

Cleaning two-stroke and four-stroke engines

2-stroke engines don't have an oil sump. There is no actual oil in the engine to lubricate it. So you have to mix oil with gasoline. Usually, it is in a 40:1 ratio, with 40 parts gasoline and one part...

My 2015 Sonata Sport Limited does not have a reset button for the trip odometer. How do I reset?

You should have a mode button on steering wheel that if you select mode and use arrow button to select trip and then press ok and hold it down for more than a couple seconds it will reset the trip...

Can I provide my own starter

Yes, you are welcome to buy your own parts and book a certified mechanic from YourMechanic to install those parts or perform associated repairs. When reviewing your quote online, open the “price breakdown” tab, and click on “parts options.” From...

Check engine light came on while driving

The Check Engine Light is an indicator that something is affecting your emissions in a negative way. This can be as simple as a loose gas cap, to a misfire and many things contribute to the overall emissions output. The...

Jerky acceleration above 3000rpm no trouble codes

Hello there, thanks for writing in. 115,000 miles is about the right time to change the clutch in a manual transmission vehicle. This may explain the jerky motions above 3000 RPMs while the engine is making more power, and may...

Told oil separator in 2009 Volkswagon EOS is clogged and needs replacing. Should an oil change be done also at time of repair?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The oil should be changed at the same time as the oil separator is replaced. The separator is not located in a place where the oil needs to be drained to access it, so...

wiper blades working reverse

I suggest first inspecting the wiper crank arm assembly between the wiper linkage and the motor. It may have slipped out of position. If that is secure, then yes, it sounds like you need the wiper motor and module assembly....

Car is lurching at 10 mph after changing the rear differential.

Hi there. The symptoms that you are experiencing is that the gear ratios from the front axle and the rear axle are different and causing the vehicle to lurch at low speeds. Take the vehicle off road on a dirt...