Q: I was driving down the road and my truck was running poorly then died. It will crank but not start.

Truck turns over but will not start. Changed fuel filter on engine and rail pump is pumping fuel. I have fuel all the way to fuel filter and have purged to that point by opening drain. Then try cranking. No start. Tryed starting fluid and runs that way while spraying. Changed CPS twice, and ips sensors. Should I buy CPS At Ford to check is in was getting right ones. HELP PLEASE

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the air filter for it is not dirty. It may sound silly, but if the air filter is dirty the engine will not start up. Starting fluid produces its own oxygen so you can have the intake plugged up and it still will start on starting fluid. If the air filter is good, then check the fuel water separator for if it is dirty and full of water.

If the filter has a drain valve then drain off the filter and turn the engine over refill the filter and then the engine should start. If the engine still does not start, then the CPS sensor has failed or is not the right one for your vehicle. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the fuel system.

• I was driving down the road and my truck was running poorly then died. It will crank but not start.