Q: My 2007 Dodge Caliber ACT won't shift out of lower gear, the temperature light and check engine light came on with a code of P0172

asked by on June 09, 2017

My 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT stop shifting from a lower gear, temperature and check engine light came on with a code of P0172.

Coolant Temperature Switch (Sensor) Replacement $88.56 - $381.95 Get a Quote

Hi There, This code relates to a rich fuel condition. This can be caused by a faulty mass air flow sensor, a bad fuel injector or a faulty coolant temperature sensor. In your case since the temperature light came on, this is likely due to a faulty temperature sensor. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.