Q: vehicles stalls both while driving and idle, will hesitate to start. howvever sometimes starts and runs without issue. P008B

asked by on February 21, 2017

As stated above, issues have continued after changing fuel filter, fuel pump & cleaning intake.

The p008B code that you listed refers to the low pressure fuel system. For some reason the engine control module is receiving a signal that shows high pressure in the system. This could be caused by a failed low pressure fuel system sensor, a bad/corroded connection, a wiring problem, a faulty fuel pump driver, or even a blockage in a fuel line. This particular code is one that is only a starting point for diagnosis and will require further diagnostic testing to identify. When it comes to a situation where a vehicle stalls, this can be caused by a clogged fuel filter, faulty fuel pump, a vacuum leak, or even a failed sensor. It sounds like the two issues you listed may very well be related, but not necessarily. If you need some help further identifying/repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.