Q: My Pontiac G6 won't crank and wont start

I have a pontiac G6 2008 and battery was bad so i had someone switch them out for me only he hooked cables up wrong and it spit smoke out the radiator. It cranked after that snd i let ot run for sbout 5 min and turned it off. Now everything powered works but it wont turn over and the odometer reads ERROR. I had a diagnostic scanner put on it and the one code was 0100 i think for the ECM (NO COMMUNICATION) Do u think my ecm is fried and do i need to get me another one to fix this mess?

A: I believe your "no crank" issue i...

I believe your "no crank" issue is the passlock security system has locked things down because of what it perceived as a "battery swap". If the car restarted after the jump as you indicate, the ECM is probably OK. The P0100 code is a mass airflow (MAF) problem code. The odometer "error" message may be indicative of other issues. Your more significant problem now is likely the passlock problem. It may require a GM Tec II tool to determine what security problem is locking you out now. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider having one of our mobile technicians come to your home to diagnose the no start condition and help you fix it accordingly.