Hey Chris what direction is the radiator cooling fan Su...

Q: Hey Chris what direction is the radiator cooling fan Supposed to blow? Towards the engine or towards the radiator ? It is a 201

asked by on June 23, 2017

Hi I have a 2013 Chevy Cruz LT 1.4 turbo. I was curious on what direction the radiator cooling fan is supposed to blow? Someone replaced it a couple months ago and I don't even think it is the right fan! He has the thing zip tied in place. The bolt holes don't line up!! The fan sounds like Shit and I don't even know if it's blowing in the right direction.. he has it blowing towards the engine. Thanks billy.

The fan should blow air toward the engine (i.e., same direction as the air flow when the vehicle is in motion). If the fan is not OEM, the air volume may be off and the electrical characteristics could be different. The wisest course is to remove the fan and install a GM supplied part. Furthermore, if the fan is not firmly held in place with the correct fasteners, there is a possibility of it coming loose and damaging other parts or causing personal injury. The fan must be bolted to the vehicle. If you desire that this be rectified, please request radiator fan repair/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.