Q: Car vibrates at 35 mph and over

asked by on July 25, 2016

When I drive at speeds over 35, there is a noticeable vibration. I had the tires replaced with new ones, which didn't solve the problem. After driving about 30 miles more, I had these tires replaced yet again with new ones. This time, instead of Pirelli Scorpion, they put Michelin Destiny tires. There is still the vibration issue. I was wondering what could be the issue here. Is it the tires or something else? If the tires are causing the vibration--what kind should I put and what dimensions are required for this particular model?

Hello there. Vibrations are a common symptom that have quite a few different causes. The most common causes are tires, rims, tire balance, wheel bearings, or ball joints. In some cases, when the tires are mounted onto the rims, a force match and road force balance may be required. The road force is a machine that is used to simulate driving and will tell the technician if any vibration is present with the tire and wheel combo. If you need help with this, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the car’s vibrating issue and perform any repairs required.