Q: P0300, P0303, P1313, and P1314 codes are read on the scanner.

asked by on December 07, 2016

Engine is misfiring. Engine hunts sometimes while coasting. Have replaced the spark plugs, ignition coils, and the catalytic converter under the engine. Still no difference.

My car is a 1997 Jaguar XJ6. My car has 170000 miles.

Hi there. The codes p0300 and p0303 are for the engine having a misfire. P0300 is for a random misfire where p0303 says that cylinder 3 had a misfire all the time. The code p1314 means that the catalytic converter is under a lot of stress and is burning too hot. The code p1313 means that the camshaft position sensor is hunting for a signal and is communicating with the O2 sensors. Check the camshaft position sensor and see if the harness is hooked up and has no broken wires. If the harness is in good condition, then I recommend replacing the camshaft position sensor for it has failed internally. If you need further assistance with a random misfire, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.