Q: Brake lights won't light up, but the third will and they will turn on when lights are on.

My brake lights won't engage, when I turn my lights on the bulbs light up but when I brake they don't get brighter, my third brake light does though, could this just mean I need new bulbs?

The issue you are having is likely a faulty brake light switch. The fact the bulbs will light proves they are in good condition. The switch in located next to your brake pedal. When the brake pedal reach a certain point the lights engage and become brighter. The repair should be minor. Once you locate the switch, you disconnect the electrical terminal and remove the unit. If you need assistance with this, feel free to contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, as one of our technicians can help replace your brake light switch at your home or office.

• Brake lights won't light up, but the third will and they will turn on when lights are on.