Q: What rear end will direct swap with a C200 rear end?

I have an 03 Nissan Xterra, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual. The rear end (C200) has gone out in it, and needs to be replaced. Is there anotehr rear end that will direct swap with the C200?

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. You can put any Nissan or Toyota axle on the vehicle. If you use a different rear axle, you will need to switch the yoke to match the drive shaft and you may need to extend the drive shaft. My recommendations is to put in what came out of the vehicle, or if you need a third member, then install a third member.

If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, who can service the rear axle oil if needed.