Q: What should I do to care for the tires?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What should I do to care for the tires?

Tire care is an important consideration – without the right care, your tires will wear out quickly, possibly putting you in danger of a blowout. Caring for your tires and wheels isn’t that complicated, though. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Rotate your tires regularly (every 7,500 miles is Nissan’s recommendation).

2. Have your tires balanced regularly (not with every rotation).

3. Keep your wheels clean and free of salt and dirt.

4. Inspect your wheels for damage including dents or signs of wear.

5. Replace tires and wheels with the same size as what came on your vehicle.

6. Make sure your tires have the right amount of air in them (use the information on the driver door placard, not on the sidewall of the tire).