Q: On my 2000 ford explorer do i need to replace the ball joints and the control arms or can i just replace the ball joints

I need to replace the ball joints for inspection

The lower ball joints on this vehicle can be replaced individually. The upper ball joint is usually included with the control arm but, depending on your VIN, the upper joint is available separately as well. You should examine the bushings on the upper arm to determine if it is worth just replacing the ball joint as you might need control arm bushings as well. If you desire that the ball joints be inspected, and replaced as necessary, by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a front suspension - ball joint inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. On my 2000 ford explorer do i need to replace the ball joints and the control arms or can i just replace the ball joints