Q: When I break, it sounds like air being released from a balloon. What could that mean?

asked by on July 21, 2017

When I break there is a horrible sound, almost like air being released from a balloon. What could be causing this? I drive a 2012 Nissan Altima

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

An air leak from the power brake booster and worn or defective brake pads are typical causes of the type of noise you are hearing. Each of these possible causes can be readily diagnosed in the field, right at your location, if you request a brake noise diagnostic. Once the origin of the noise is pinpointed, the mechanic will let you know of you repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.