Q: Starter

asked by on May 03, 2017

Sporadically, I have problems starting my auto. In my opinion the starter is not pulling enough energy from the battery. I can jump start with no problem. The electrical system seems to reset when I start the auto. My glove compartment will not open.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Starting the car relies on the battery alone. If the battery is not producing the voltage and amperage needed to start the car, then the battery and the cables need to be inspected. First, make sure all connections related to the battery and the starter are clean, dry, and tight. Next, you should have the battery tested at your local auto parts store, at home with a voltmeter, or by a technician. The systems in the vehicle are likely resetting because they are loosing electrical power that keeps their settings while the car is off. This is also supplied by the battery. Only further testing will tell. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.