Q: Won't start after being tampered with.

asked by on August 12, 2016

Basically I have an ex husband that's having some issues, when I picked my daughters up from school I was gone no more then ten minutes when I got back I noticed my seat was all the way back. I thought I had left my lights on, after trying to jump it and then charge the battery I gave up. My mother and a friend of hers came to help me that's when my ex showed up and tried to take the key from us at the same time he admitted he disabled my car. I believe what ever he did was done inside of the car and not under the hood. I had it towed to my house but have been unable to figure out what he might have done to it.

Unfortunately, there would be no way to verify what was tampered with without looking at the vehicle in person to see what symptoms the car is exhibiting, and then checking for noticeable changes that are related to those symptoms. It may be just one fuse for the ignition that was taken out, or it could be something worse. If you would like to have an expert go to the car’s location to take a look, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to site of the vehicle and give the car a comprehensive inspection to let you know what should be done.