Q: Clanking sound beneath car

asked by on February 09, 2016

I had the tie rod replaced, but I can still hear a clanking sound underneath my car.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A clanking sound under the car, especially from the front wheel area over bumps can be coming from a worn stabilizer link or even a faulty strut mount. Chassis ears may need to be used to determine the exact source of the noise. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the necessary equipment and training to locate the noise source and correct it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr