Q: Water leak under dashboard

My CXL has 150,500 miles on it. It’s been raining really hard all day here and hasn’t let up. When I got into the car to start it up water flooded out of the underside of the dashboard right behind where the e-brake pedal is. There was also some water on the opposite side corner behind the glove compartment. The floor was very wet and the mats were soaked. Do you have any ideas on how I can fix this? I have no idea what to do. Thanks.

If your vehicle is equipped with a sun roof, then you may have a water leak due to the drains for the roof on both sides being blocked with dirt and debris. You may also have a blocked A/C drain that the blower motor pushed the water out into the passenger compartment once you started the vehicle. Have the drains cleaned from debris and try to stay away from parking under trees that shed the leaves or other debris. If you are still at a loss for where the leak is coming from, or if the problem continues, have a local expert diagnose the water leak in person.

3. Water leak under dashboard