Q: Replacing fuel pump control unit

I've been having a problem with my Lexus not starting. One day I was riding and she cut off and wouldn't crank back up. I took my car to several different Mechanics and heard many different reasons why she wouldn't start and still no solution. I was told my timing jumped and that I needed a Timing change. I did that. paid to get that done and still my car doesn't crank up. Also I noticed I didn't smell any fuel and that concerned me so I swapped out my fuel pump control unit. I have a mechanic book on how to fix my 1998 Lexus Gs300 so I started looking up the issue I was having from there I have changed relays, starter, alternator, ignition coils, spark plugs, wires, sensors, fuel pump and all. I still haven't found a solution. Could you please give some advice one what I need to do.

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the extent of the work you have done already, it leaves very few components left to consider. With that being said, take a few moments to verify that all of the repairs you have made are holding and were done correctly. Check all ground connections for the sensors, starter, battery, fuse box, fuel pump, and all of the major wiring. Make sure nothing is unplugged or dislodged from its position. A poor connection can cause a lot of issues. One of the main components that you did not mention was the battery. That being said, considering the amount of work already done, you may want to replace the battery as well. What sensors have you replaced? You will want to concern yourself with the air intake sensors. They play a major role in starting the engine. With the age and mileage of the vehicle, you are doing well in replacing and updating everything you have already done. Do not be discouraged yet, and look to the basics: air, fuel, spark. One of these components is missing, or being inhibited by a sensor. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. Replacing fuel pump control unit