Q: 2012 honda civic rear taillights not working brake lights working

My 2012 Honda Civic now has no rear taillights working, however the brake lights are working. what could maybe be wrong? Light bulbs are okay. Fuses are okay

Hello, thank you for writing in. The most common cause of your symptoms is the fuse blowing. If the fuse is good, the next place you want to look is to the switch. The headlight switch may be shorting out or have a bad connection to your taillights. If you have a multi-meter you can test for available power before and after the switch. This would tell you if the switch was connecting the circuits as it should have. If the switch is faulty, you must replace it. If the switch is not the cause, you will want to trace down the wire or junction where the loss of power occurs. Make sure to check the ground connection for the taillights. Typically it is the ground connection that the switch controls anyway. This takes the voltage further away from the driver and is considered safer. The best thing for you to do at this point is test the switch and take it from there. For more help with electrical testing, contact our service department.