Q: Engine misfire, StabiliTrak wiring problem 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

Took to shop because Vechicle was running rough time and check engine light was blinking as well as Service stabilitrac light.. They said codes came up as misfire due to one injected wasn't working.... replaced injector and did not fix issue.... mechanic replaced other parts to see if that would fix it with no luck.... then he took wire harness off and stripped it down and checked for any damage to wiring... with no luck he said he couldn't fix it and would have to go to a dealer.... I am curious to know if the ECM is failing causing it to act that way..... As well as just had to replace Transmission a cpl months ago.... could it all have to do with the ECM.... or what other steps could I check before just replacing the ECM?

Hello - these are likely unrelated problems - although all frustrating. The engine misfire will require further diagnosis based on ignition codes. There was likely another problem code - perhaps for an ignition coil or misfiring plugs issue. It is unlikely the ECM is failing, they are pretty robust. I would recommend a diagnosis for misfiring and rough running. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. The Stabilitrak service indicator may in fact have a wiring problem as its source. There is Chevrolet technical service bulletin on this issue (310348) which addresses this condition. Consult with your Chevrolet service center regarding this TSB.