Q: My engine has a rough idle. It spits, sputters, and stalls out. Could it be a bad injector?

Truck has rough idle,it spits and sputters and sometimes dies , also when it does this, it doesn't want to go, this only happens till it warms up then runs good could it be a bad injector

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. Yes an injector could cause an engine to spit and sputter or even stall out. Injectors over time can become dirty from the contaminate in the fuel tank that when passed the fuel filter. I recommend performing a fuel injection flush and putting a can of sea foam in the fuel tank to aid in the cleaning process. This will clean out the fuel system and clean the injectors. Then retest the situation to see if the problem continues or if the engine runs better. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine spitting, sputtering, and stalling out.

3. My engine has a rough idle. It spits, sputters, and stalls out. Could it be a bad injector?