Q: 92 Ford Ranger vibrates when going down the road at 60-65 mph

92 Ford Ranger 4-cylinder; manual transmission; I've just had the tires replaced and the front bearing pegged and alignment done. Now, when I get between 60 and 65 miles per hour, I have a bad vibration going down the road. Can you advise?

If it got that after you did the tires it could be that they didn’t balance them right. I had a big peeve happen to me about six months ago. I got new tires for my wife at a NTW (National Tire Warehouse) and it shook when I got back so I started checking everything. Then I took it to my front-end guys, Cotton Brothers, that are experts. They said that the NTW didn’t balance the tires correctly so I paid them to balance them right.

So have the tire balance checked first because those discount tire chains, a lot of times they don’t know what they are doing and they don’t balance the tires right. But if it happened after you had the bearings pegged and the alignment done, then take it back to whoever did the alignment because they probably didn’t align them right.

Aligning has a lot to do with whether it shakes or not. They should check wearing of any of the parts anyways when they do the alignment. That’s why you pay money to a mechanic to do an alignment. Because, they are not just aligning the car, but checking the whole suspension to see what’s wrong and what might need to be replaced when they align the car. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, check the alignment, tires, and suspension to diagnose your car’s shaking issue and let you know what needs to be repaired.

3. 92 Ford Ranger vibrates when going down the road at 60-65 mph