I got my fixed but the car is still overheating and the...

Q: I got my fixed but the car is still overheating and the heat not working and was leaking coolant

asked by on February 11, 2018

Okay a mechanic came out and fixed the car I don’t know if it’s still leaking and my heatin the car is blowing out warm air on the heat button but my car stills overheating and stuff what could that be

The lack of heat being generated by your system may indicate a clogged or leaking heater core. The heater core is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. The other possibility is that the thermostat may not be allowing the engine to reach a normal operating temperature and since the engine’s warm coolant is the essential source of the heater core supplying heat to the inside of the vehicle, this can impact the warmth of the heat inside the vehicle. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.