Should i drive my car if it is leaking green fluids? hond...

Q: Should i drive my car if it is leaking green fluids?

Can I drive my car if it is leaking green fluids from the front right on passenger side?

Green colored fluid is typically anti-freeze. Obviously, there is a leak that will have to be repaired and the sooner the better. If the radiator is full (check the level when the engine is stone cold ONLY for safety reasons or check the coolant level in the reserve tank; if reserve tank still has coolant, radiator is probably full), and the car is not overheating it is safe to drive the car on a LIMITED basis. A concern is a small leak can suddenly become a big leak, at which point the engine will overheat more or less instantly, which overheating has the potential to ruin the engine. In addition, if the leak happens to be from the weep hole on the water pump bearing, the pump might be on the verge of failure. If the water pump fails, the engine will also overheat instantly and depending on the failure mode could damage or snap the drive belt. It is possible to have the car inspected, the leak pinpointed, and the repairs made, all on a mobile basis, right at your location. If you desire that service, please schedule via YourMechanic’s coolant leak service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.