Q: Jeep dies while driving

asked by on June 28, 2017

While driving down the road my jeep will all of the sudden die. After I let it sit for a few it will restart, but will do it again. The very 1st time it happened I wasn't getting any spark and would not start at all, found a bad coil wire to be the cause. replaced it, put 200+ miles on it since and now its doing it again. It has new coil, distributor, pugs, wires, alternator, and carburetor . I thought it may be a fuel issue but I can manually move the throttle and see the fuel going in.

It could be an electrical issue and obviously could include components such as the ignition switch, body grounds (for ignition), and/or any of the relays, fuses and terminals on the primary side of the ignition circuit. You can use the factory wiring diagram and just methodically trace, and check and confirm, the whole circuit (it is limited in extent so this is doable). Anytime you have an intermittent problem this is really your only option unless you want to install data logging equipment to record the failure and its location. If you want a conventional circuit trace performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.